In Marvel’s latest film release, we finally get an on-screen taste of Ant-Man. He’s been a part of the Marvel lineup as long as anyone else, though his role has constantly evolved. Not many people know as much about this character, so here are few facts before you see the movie this weekend!
- He debuted in a comic series (Jan. 1962) before The Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man, The X-Men and Daredevil.
- He was a founder of the original Avengers.
- Ant-Man’s helmet allows him to communicate with ants and other high-order insects.
- How does he not disappear under a heap of clothes when he shrinks? Ant-Man’s suit is made of unstable particles, so it changes in proportion to his body!
3 more for Marvel pros:
- He was the original creator of Ultron.
- This movie features Ant-Man II, or Scott Lang, who was a successor of the original Ant-Man, Hank Pym.
- Could we see the Wasp in this film? It’s possible, but it might be via Hank and Janet’s daughter, Hope Van Dyne.